Stamp duty came to be in England in 1694. it was a transaction tax to raise money for the war against France, and was charged on things like hats, newspapers, and medicine.
These days, certain transactions in Western Australia are eligible for transfer duty exemptions. And we can help make sense of it all! Ask us about:
- Family farm transfer exemption applications
- Trust and superannuation transactions
- Transfers related to financial agreements (binding or not) and consent orders
- Transfers pursuant to a Will or Letters of Administration, or a Deed of Family Arrangement
- Transfers between spouses
- First home owner rate of duty
The law around transfer duty can be complex, but we can help ensure that if you are eligible for an exemption, you won’t pay more than you have to.